11.30.2011

Thankful Tree


This is a picture of our Thankful Tree this year. I FINALLY finished it about a week before Thanksgiving---better late than never I suppose!

But it was a fun project! I went to the fabric market with my new, fun crafting buddy Lori! I am so thankful she is here! We got the fabric and cut it to size, and then did a little sewing (on her machine---oh how I miss mine!) and a little painting, and volia!
Ok--well, we cut a lot some leaves too!

But we really enjoyed having the tree this year. Everyday the kids got to write on one (or 3 if you are trying to fill the tree fast) leaves what they are thankful for. They got to pick their leaf from the ones at the bottom and then put it on the tree when they were finished writing.  It was neat to see what each of the kids said...here are a couple....

ry--"that God made me" "my new friends"
everett--"the world", "God"
reid--"clean water", "Jesus"

and in honor of full disclosure they were also thankful for their DS, food, clothes,candy, and toys, least you think I have totally grounded kids :)

So glad we made this and can't wait to use it for years to come!

3 comments:

The Tylers said...

This is absolutely precious! As I read over your Thanksgiving blog, I couldn't help but think back on my Thanksgiving away from home so many years ago. I am really glad you have your family there & friend to help carry on the 'American traditions.' Was it super emotional watching everyone on skype? I will have to admit that I am little jealous sometimes reading all the amazing world experiences that you guys and your kids are getting to live :) Hope you guys are doing well.

Lauren said...

I love it! So very thankful y'all are here!

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

you need to find yourself a ppq in china and get yourself a machine!!! ;)