4.18.2012

Fire Cupping

Ok--so I wasn't so sure about posting this, but Matt said I should, so here we go :)

A couple of weeks ago we were getting a massage at a local place, and there was someone getting the "fire  cups" as we call them.
I was totally fasinated by them. I watched the lady do it--was so curious how it worked, what it did, etc. Probably not a huge surprise to those of you who know me :)
And then she asks if I want to do them. um. well. Sure!
So, I thought she might do a couple...maybe 4 or 5.


oh no. 20 cups later, here I am.


They are supposed to draw blood to the area, which in turn draws out the toxins and promotes healing.
Can't really say if it did anything at all besides make my inner dork happy because now I know more about the process :) 


It really didn't hurt at all. But did leave these marks/brusies on my back for a while.
I think it may have been more painful for Matt to watch than for me to get it done!

No comments: