11.20.2012

On the road again.......


 Rylie and I made it safely home last Monday after a LONG journey. We had a three hour flight and then spent the night in a hotel, and then started our trek the next morning when we left the hotel at 4:15 AM. Wow. For all of y'all that know me, I might as well have stayed up all night, as waking up at 3:45 is kind of a form of torture. But we made it :)
(side note: at the hotel I managed to talk to 6 different people, all in Chinese, and find Reid's two lovies and pillow that he left there last May! Big triumph for me and my language. And my charades abilities......)

 We woke up, got our bags to the airport and got all checked in for our flight--a lot easier to type than to do! We flew home on buddy passes (such a blessing!), so we were on stand by, but the flight looked good. We boarded and the lady told me to ask the attendants on the plane if I could upgrade to first class because I was pregnant. They couldn't issue us first class tickets because Rylie is under 6, but she said they might be able to let us move up once we were on the plane. So once we got on, I asked the head flight attendant and after a little thought she said yes!! So this is how we flew on our 13 1/2 hour flight!!


 I'm telling you, I don't know if I can go back :) Just kidding, but it was a HUGE blessing for me to be able to put my feet up and lay down--ALL the way down people, like totally flat!--and rest on the flight. Made traveling around the world, 7 1/2 months pregnant with a 3 year old manageable! God is SO good!

Now to just get our boys home.......we sure do miss them!!

No comments: