1.20.2009

Reason for lack of posts....

We will be welcoming a new little pumpkin to our family in July! We are so excited but Mommy is SO sick, so we can't wait until July comes.....
I have so many pictures to upload and stories to tell, but I promise that I am going to be better. At least once a week......i mean i can type posts between throwing up right??
Everett and Reid are thrilled to be having a baby brother or sister! Reid has been praying for God to put a baby in my belly for about a year now, so he says he knew it was coming! Everett has graciously volunteered to carry the baby in the house for me when I have my hands full with groceries....not quite sure that will happen (he is more likely to get to carry the groceries), but still so sweet. They always talk about what songs they are going to sing to the baby and what stories they will read to him/her. The names in the running right now FROM THE BOYS are Cookie, Princess, Dash, and Elastigirl. Can you guess what movie our boys love?? I am not so sure they will have a weighted vote in naming this baby........for the babies sake........
We are asking for you to please pray this pregnancy! First for a healthy, full-term baby and then for me to feel better. It is so hard to love on/play with/take care of a 3 and 5 year old while you are throwing up all the time. The boys are great and understanding, but I know they get tired of it too.
Also, a quick shout out to my AMAZING husband. I mean I really couldn't do this whole pregnancy thing without him--and for reasons beyond the obvious one. He helps SO much with the boys when I am feeling sick, cooks dinner, does homework, folds laundry, ......The list could go on forever, but basically he ROCKS and I am so thankful for him!!

13 comments:

The Tylers said...

Oh Kadie...I am so sorry you are so sick. I know how hard it is to be hugging the toilet and trying to hug little ones as well. The only thing that got me through 26 weeks of throwing up 3 times a day was knowing that the sickness you feel is a GOOD sign and it won't be like that forever. I tried every time I felt sick to say, "Thank you Lord for this gift." Not easy to do. We are praying for you...let me know if you need anything.

julie said...

Kadie!! I was so good to see you today. I will DEFINITELY have you guys in my prayers and I believe God will provide you with all you need and much, much more ;)
I'm so glad to see you back in the blogging world too!

The Family Senter said...

YAY! for "another little pumpkin" in the Laughlin house!
I am sorry you are still feeling badly!
I will be praying for you and for this sweet little one!
love you friend!
-C

mrscampbell721 said...

Kadie, I hope you have a GIRL and I'm with the boys... Elastigirl or Princess sound great!

Feel better soon! Let me know if you need help with the boys anytime! Harper loves to play with EVERYONE!

PS. How hard is blogging? I have not gotten into it, but love everyone's sites!

mrscampbell721 said...

PSS... that was me, Nikki. :)

Susie said...

yea!!! i am so glad to see this post! i am praying for you friend! hang in there! it will be worth it.

Ashley said...

Feeling your pain Kadie! Although I guess I can't complain because I don't have 2 little ones to take care of while I'm throwing up! When are you due? I am July 31st which makes me almost 13 weeks and I was thinking the nausea should be gone by now?! Did yours last so long in your other pregnancies too? So praying it goes away for both of us soon! Email or facebook me sometime!

Unknown said...

Wow, for some reason I thought Chad told me this preg had been better for you than the last. Maybe I misheard him! Sorry you feel so awful and we will be praying for y'all as well. Thanks also for your note. Hope to talk soon and hang in there!

The Duckworth Family said...

Congratulations Kadie and Matt! I hear you on the sickness bit. I am sort of scared to have another. You are inspirational! Hang in there. Maybe a girl this time???

Amber B. said...

Congratulations! So happy for you guys!!!

The Wiggins Family said...

Yay!!! Congratulations to ya'll, too!!! I am so sorry you are so sick.....hopefully you'll be better SOON. i can't imagine feeling so yucky and have 2 boys to take of at the same time. You are amazing! Will be praying for you and look forward to keeping in touch!
Love,
Mary Elizabeth

The Broadricks said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on the blog! We are excited for y'all as well...and am really hoping you are feeling much better by now. Thanks for the pep talk about 2 kids...we are not so secretly hoping for another boy but really feel like it's a girl.

Hope to talk to you soon!
Ashley

Megan Shirley said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry you are so sick. I was with both of mine and it is just miserable. If I was closer I'd bring your family dinner or clean your house for you :) Here's to not puking!!

Megan Shirley