9.20.2012

160 mph


At the beginning of the month a super great friend of ours, John Gunter, had his birthday. He lives in a different city now, but was going to be here a couple of days after his birthday. A bunch of the guys surprised him with a BMW 500 series sedan. Well, not for him to keep, but for him to drive on the racetrack they had rented for an hour and a half!


Here they all are by the car. They took turns driving/riding, and I think it may have been the most fun any of them have had in awhile.  There is a video--not of Matt--but I don't have it. I will tell you that I have seen it and the two men on it are squealing like school girls! And one of them may have been the birthday boy.......


coming around the bend.

Matt came in third for timed laps around the track and I know he is dying to get out there and try it again! It was crazy inexpensive (compared to the States) for them to do this, and such a fun experience! I am told that the car could "fly" and the tires were totally shot by the time they were finished. Ah, signs of a great time!!


Victory stand!

1 comment:

Dena said...

what an awesome birthday present!! looks like a ton of fun!