10.04.2012

Trip to the farm

This week is a big holiday over here. This year two holidays fell the same week--National Holiday and the Harvest Moon Festival. The kids have off school for a week and the entire country pretty much shuts down. Ok--thats not totally true. But a lot of people have off work, lots of places are closed, and a LOT of people travel. Some go home to their hometowns, some go to Beijing or other touristy places. It is a lot more expensive and a lot more crowded to try to go anywhere this week. So we decided to stay here. That and the whole bed rest thing. 
So Monday one of our nationals had some people up to some farm land that his family owns.
Matt took our kids and they had such a good time!! They grilled out, feed pigs, and got REALLY dirty! All signs of a great time!!
They also went on lots of hikes....

Ry getting ready to start

a little break on the way. Several families went, so there were LOTS of fun friends for the kids to play wth!

They found a toad and the girls loved it!

Then there was this cliff. And my boys were probably very glad I was on bed rest at this point, because I might have not let them climb up a four story wall of rock with just vines........


But alas, mama wasn't  there, so off they went!
 Reid was the only kid to climb the whole way up! Since he is still alive, I guess I am proud of him :) 
Matt assures me he was holding onto him the whole way up--except I don't see any hands on him in this picture......

This is a picture of the second floor of the house. The kids played a bit of Lazer tag in the afternoon and LOVED this porch look out!

I loved that the kids got to see how people live outside of our city!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

"Since he is still alive, I guess I am proud of him" = best sentence ever! You're such a good mom!