12.18.2012

Sweet Knox!


So, I went to the doctor the morning of the 18th for one of my bi-weekly check ups and ultrasounds. The fluid was still low, so Dr. Lewis had me head on over to the hospital! Knox was better off outside than in at that point, so the doctor wanted to go ahead and induce. Woo hoo!!

I checked in at about noon and they started my pitocin at about 1:30. I was 4 cm when they started the meds, and when they checked me at 3:30 I was still only 4 cm. I was a bit bummed, thinking this delivery may take longer than the others. At 5:00 my contractions were pretty strong, and Knox's heart rate was dropping with each one. They checked me again, and I was 7 cm. The doctor was a bit worried about the dropping heart rate, so he was going to try to put more fluid in to give Knox some cushion in there. At 5:15 I told him I didn't think we had time for that--Knox was coming now!They ran around prepping the room for his arrival and
at 5:24 pm, after one push, our sweet Knox was born! 
He had the cord wrapped around his neck, which was what was causing the drop in heart rate. 
But he was fine after just a short minute, and cried the sweetest little cry!

Us with our sweet doctor! We love Dr. Lewis!


So happy our sweet little miracle is here!!

No comments: